This year, education has been tested in ways never witnessed before, but that hasn’t stopped International Baccalaureate (IB) World Schools from continuing to instil life-long learning in students around the world.
Celebrating this commitment to learning in a year of change whilst also reaching a milestone achievement are 15 IB World Schools in 11 different countries, commemorating 40 years of giving students a lifelong advantage through offering IB programmes:
- ACS Hillingdon International School, UK
- Canadian Academy, Japan
- Chapel School, Brazil
- Colegio Anglo Colombiano, Colombia
- Ecole Jeannine Manuel, France
- Harry Ainlay High School, Canada
- Instituto Educativo Olinca, Mexico
- International College Spain, Spain
- Lincoln High School, USA
- Munich International School, Germany
- Old Scona Academic High School, Canada
- Park View Education Centre, Canada
- Ross Sheppard High School, Canada
- Semiahmoo Secondary School, Canada
- Seoul Foreign School, South Korea
40 years is not the only IB anniversary to be celebrated this year by IB World Schools; 65 schools are celebrating their 25th anniversary, 254 are celebrating 10 years and 295 schools are celebrating five years as an IB World School. The IB thanks all schools celebrating milestone anniversaries in this difficult year for their ongoing commitment and dedication to teaching an IB education to thousands of students.
Dr Siva Kumari, Director General, said: "While 2020 has seen much disruption and sadness for many, we could not be happier to be commemorating our anniversary schools. We thank these schools for embarking on their educational journey with us and their commitment to empowering our youth to become the thinkers, creatives and engineers of tomorrow, ready to solve society’s most pressing challenges and build a better, more sustainable world."
Schools with special IB anniversaries share why they value being part of the IB community and reflect on its impact, in our latest blog post. Read more here.