Request an online workshop
The IB delivers online workshops to schools upon request.
Online workshops are engaging learning experiences which help educators further develop skills across our IB programmes, education leadership and beyond.
These workshops are primarily asynchronous, with learning modules hosted on the Moodle e-learning platform and accessible remotely via participants’ personal computers.
Requesting online workshops offers yet another option for schools and groups of schools seeking authorization or preparing for evaluation to meet the IB’s professional development requirements.
To request an online workshop, a minimum of seven participants are required. The IB also delivers online workshops to educators across multiple schools in the same area– commonly referred to as districts.
Requesting an online workshop
A school, district, or Ministry of Education can request to run an online workshop as a closed group. This option is suitable if you:
- want to run an online workshop exclusively for teachers at your school or schools in your area,
- can commit to four weeks of learning to complete the workshop, with a minimum of 4 hours per week, with exception to introductory workshops.
Important information before requesting an online workshop
- You must submit your request at least 5 weeks before the date your workshop start date.
- All online workshops begin on the first Wednesday of every month. Start and completion dates are fixed and cannot be customized
- The availability of online workshop is subject to the capacity of our availability.
- The Developing the MYP introductory workshop has different criteria to all other workshops.
Certificates of Completion
A certificate of completion will be awarded to all participants who successfully complete the workshop.
Have you already completed a workshop? You can access your certificate of completion here.
Read more about workshops pricing in our Global chart of professional development delivery offerings here.
Guidelines to request an online workshop
For more information, please read our guidelines by region:
Read our terms and conditions.
Find information about workshops accredited in Australia (NSW and ACT) here.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Find answers to frequently asked questions here.