This introductory workshop is mandatory for candidate schools that wish to offer the Career-related Programme (CP) but do not currently offer the Diploma Promramme (DP). All teaching staff including specialists, librarians and part-time teachers must attend this workshop.
The workshops consistent knowledge base provides schools with a concise and coherent starting point for implementing the CP. Teachers learn key elements of an IB education, including the Programme Standards and Practices, and how the CP and their school fits into this framework.
If you are unsure of whether your school is required to complete this workshop, please get in touch with your appointed IB representative or consultant.
How to attend the workshop
Schools can either attend a scheduled workshop or request a workshop be conducted specifically for their school or group of schools.
Register for Developing the CP workshop
Find out more about how to request a workshop
Additional information for Developing the CP online workshops
If you are interested to request Developing the CP as an online workshop, see additional information below.
- The online workshop consists of 5 hours’ worth of learning material which participants can complete at their own pace within one week.
- Participants will receive login credentials to access the online workshop one week before the start date.
- We encourage participants to log into the online workshop before the workshop begins and get familiarized with the Online Learner’s Toolkit – which provides an overview of how online workshops take place. However, please note participants will not have access the workshop material before the workshop start date.
- All online workshops are delivered by an Online Facilitator (OLF) assigned to guide participants throughout the workshop.
- A Lead Facilitator (LF) will also be monitoring the workshop. Although LFs do not engage with participants directly, they provide guidance to OLFs as well as extra support and leadership during the workshop.