Request an online workshop
Online workshops deliver an innovative and interactive learning experience where you explore the essential concepts and frameworks to help you further grow as an IB educator.
If you are a school going through the authorization or evaluation process, your participation in an online workshop meets PD requirements.
Request an online workshop as a school or group of schools
The IB offers opportunities for single schools anywhere in the world, or groups of schools within one district (for Americas schools only) to plan an Online Workshop by Request (OBR).
What is an Online by Request Workshop (OBR)?
This delivery model permits your school or district to run an online workshop as a closed group, commonly referred to as an ‘in-school’ or ‘district’ workshop. So only your own school or district’s participants will attend. Please note only schools in the Americas can request a workshop for a group of schools in the same district.
This option is suitable if you:
- have 7+ participants
- want to run an online workshop just for your school or district
- can commit to the online 4 weeks completion timeline (minimum 4 hours per week)
Developing the MYP introductory workshop
How do I submit a request?
Please read the IB's FAQs first before sending your request. The OBR is a new service at the IB, so we encourage our community to read this first to answer common queries
- Step 1. Refer to the IB Workshops and Resources 2020 - 2021 Catalogue to find the right workshop for you. When submitting your request, please ensure you have selected the right workshop and speak to the IB if you are unsure.
- Step 2 Fill in the request form at the bottom of this page with your preferred workshop and delivery date from the drop down.
- Please note: After submitting your request, we may be in touch via email to clarify anything that is not clear before moving to step 3.
- Step 3: You will receive a link to enrol your participants once the IB has processed your application
- Step 4: Three weeks before your chosen start date, your workshop will be confirmed if you have met the minimum 7 participants or cancelled if you have not.
- Step 5: Instructions will be sent on how to access the online platform and commence your workshop within 2 weeks of the start date
- Requests must be submitted at least 5 weeks before the online workshop start date.
- Workshop start/end dates are fixed and cannot be customised
- Delivery of a requested online workshop is subject to online facilitator capacity.
- Fees are charged at a flat rate per workshop
- Regular workshops up to 25 pax (Categories 1, 2 and 3): USD 3000
- Developing the MYP introductory (up to 50 pax): USD 3000
What is the completion criteria for an OBR workshop?
You can also refer to the FAQs if you need any more information about requesting your online workshop. If you need further information, please email us: email@example.com
Request an OBR workshop through the form below.