All licenses granted with the following conditions:
- That a disclaimer is prominently placed on the final work stating that “This work has been developed independently from and is not endorsed by the International Baccalaureate (IB)”.
- That two copies of the final publication are sent to the IB at these locations:
Attn: Commercial Publishing,
IB Global Centre, Washington DC
3950 Wisconsin Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20016
Attn: Commercial Publishing
IB Global Centre, The Hague
Churchillplein 6, 2517 JW Den Haag
The IB is not under any obligations to grant licenses allowing others to use its material. If the IB does not agree with the way in which the material is to be used or does not wish to be associated with the third party requesting material, then a license request will be rejected.
Please note: Non-payment of a license fee within 60 days of the issue of the license renders the license invalid. Use of material without a valid license is infringement and the IB will take legal action.
The IB does not grant permission or a license for:
- Use of IB material on a publicly available/accessible website (as opposed to a secure/restricted access site)
- Use of its name, trademarks or logos except in cases where the IB is actively involved in the development of a work
- Use of IB material for a for-fee tutoring service
- Use of any third-party material found on our website or in our publications
- Use of any student material. Students retain the copyright in all their work and permission must be sort from the students directly if you wish to use their material (in addition, the IB is unable to give out student data or contact details)
- Use of IB material that will compose more than 25% of the final work
- Use of examination materials from the two examination sessions prior to the current session
- Use of Resource Booklets or examination timetable.
Contact IB Publishing
If you have a question about publishing or licensing, please get in touch and we'll be happy to give you the information you need.