International Baccalaureate® (IB) Career-related Programme (CP) students are required to complete the Diploma Programme courses, the CP core and an approved career-related study concurrently.
The career-related study is designed to prepare students for higher education, an internship or apprenticeship, or a position in a designated field of interest.
It provides the opportunity for students to learn about theories and concepts through application and practice while developing broad-based skills in authentic and meaningful contexts. Students who complete the programme receive the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme Certificate, the certification awarded by the career-related study provider and, if applicable, their secondary school high school diploma.
CRS Strategic Providers
The IB recognizes the value of building relationships with a wide variety of high quality career-related studies providers. A number of these providers have a signed a formal Co-operation Agreement with the IB and are known as CRS Strategic Providers. Their career-related studies have been identified as offering the potential to be implemented by a wide CP schools. Schools should therefore feel confident in considering these options to develop and enhance the CP programme.
We also recognize and value other career-related studies providers who are working in a more local context supporting the needs of individual CP schools.
The IB currently collaborates with the following CRS Strategic Providers:
- Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) was established in the UK in 1945 and has continually invested in high quality qualifications in health, care and early years education.
- National Academies Foundation (NAF) provide education in finance, hospitality, engineering and healthcare in the US.
- Pearson has developed the range of BTEC qualifications and operates in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
- Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD) offer courses at campuses in the US and France, and also via eLearning.
- World Academy of Sport (WAoS) provides learning pathways for participants in the international sport sector through exceptional education programmes and partners.
The IB is keen to extend its range of collaborations with high quality career-related studies providers. If you represent a provider who would like to discuss becoming a CRS Strategic Provider, please email email@example.com.