International Baccalaureate® (IB) Career-related Programme (CP) students are required to complete the Diploma Programme (DP) courses, the CP core and an approved career-related study concurrently.
The career-related study is designed to prepare students for higher education, an internship or apprenticeship, or a position in a designated field of interest.
It provides the opportunity for students to learn about theories and concepts through application and practice while developing broad-based skills in authentic and meaningful contexts. Students who complete the programme receive the International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme Certificate, the certification awarded by the career-related study provider and, if applicable, their secondary school high school diploma.
CRS Strategic Providers
The IB recognizes the value of building relationships with a wide variety of high-quality career-related studies providers. A number of these providers have signed a formal Co-operation Agreement with the IB and are known as CRS Strategic Providers. Their career-related studies have been identified as offering the potential to be implemented by a wide range of CP schools. Schools should therefore feel confident in considering these options to develop and enhance the CP programme.
We also recognize and value other career-related studies providers who are working in a more local context supporting the needs of individual CP schools.
The IB currently collaborates with the following CRS Strategic Providers:
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) develop forward-thinking professionals with the financial and business skills essential for the creation of sustainable economies and flourishing societies.
- Pearson has developed the range of BTEC qualifications and operates in the Americas, Europe, Africa, Middle East and Asia.
- Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD) offer courses at campuses in the US and France, and also via eLearning.
- Sustainability Management School (SUMAS) offers an innovative learning program for students ready to make impact with their education.
- Universidad Popular Autónoma del Estado de Puebla (UPAEP) is a higher education institution based in Puebla, Mexico and created to develop transformative leaders.
- World Academy of Sport (WAoS) provides learning pathways for participants in the international sports sector through exceptional education programmes and partners.
Other providers which IB World Schools have implemented as their CRS:
Americas: ABRSM-Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music • ACF-American Culinary Federation Educational Institute • Adobe • AHLEI-American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute • Alberta Education • AOPA Foundations • Apple • CDX Learning • Cengage • CFA Foundations • Cisco • CompTIA • CSAwesome • ECS-Exploring Computer Science • FEMA-Federal Emergency Management Agency • iCEV • Kaduceus • Knowledge Matters • Moonlight Theater • NCCER -The National Center for Construction Education and Research • NOCTI-National Occupational Competency Testing Institute • Project Lead • State CTE • The Way • Udemy • UMass Amherst Stockbridge • Universidad de Monterrey • UPC-The Peruvian University of Applied Sciences • US JROTC Junior Reserve Officers' Training Corps • US Soccer • Youscience
Africa, Europe, Middle East: AIM Awards • AQA-Assessment and Qualifications Alliance • LIBF-London Institute of Banking and Finance • OCR-Cambridge Technicals • RSL-Rockschool Ltd • SQA-Scottish Qualifications Authority • SUMAS-Sustainability Management School • Swiss Education Group • UAL-University of the Arts London • WJEC-Welsh Joint Education Committee
Asia-Pacific: Australian Guild of Music • AHLEI-American Hotel and Lodging Educational Institute • AIM Awards • BSD Education • Hong Kong • Academy for Performing Arts • HTI/ICI-Hotel and Tourism Institute Hong Kong and International Culinary Institute Hong Kong • I3l-Indonesia International Institute for Life-Sciences • OTHM-Organisation for Tourism and Hospitality Management
Open to collaboration
The IB is keen to extend its range of collaborations with high quality career-related studies providers. If you represent a provider who would like to discuss becoming a CRS Strategic Provider, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.