The IB provides leading professional development for educators working in the Americas.
We offer face-to-face and online workshops, webinars, blended learning and e-learning resources. Our professional development aims to:
- support the professional growth of teachers and administrators
- improve classroom practice and student learning
- develop communities of lifelong learners.
Workshops in the Americas
Workshops are held every month of the year. IB Americas hosts regional workshops for schools implementing IB programmes. Find a workshop near you.
IB Americas collaborates with 22 workshop providers [86 KB] across the region, offering wide access, affordability and choice.
Read about the required materials at IB-hosted regional workshops.
Opportunities for schools in Latin America
The IB is looking for schools in Latin America to host regional events, in order to bring the IB to different schools so that they can share best practice. Host schools receive two free enrollments to each workshop they hold.
Any authorized school, in Latin America, is encouraged to apply.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the application form.
Is an in-school workshop event right for your school? Complete the following checklist to find out.
- I am requesting IB Professional Development workshops for staff at one or two candidate or authorized IB World Schools*.
- I have assessed my school’s PD needs and have reviewed the IB WORKSHOPS AND SERVICES 2019 CATALOGUE to identify workshops that will meet these needs.
- I am aware that an in-school workshop event is 15 hours in duration and takes place over two and a half days or, in some cases, two days with an additional online learning component.
- I understand that participants who complete all 15 hours of training are eligible to receive a certificate of participation.
- I understand that I must submit an in-school workshop request by the deadlines listed below.
- I have read In-school workshop additional considerations – North America [172 KB] / In-school workshop additional considerations – Latin America [172 KB] .
*Looking to train a large group of teachers from multiple schools? Click here to find out if a cluster/district workshop event is right for you.
Ready to request an in-school workshop?
The request deadlines for in-school workshops, depending on the time of year the workshop will take place, are located in the table below.
The IB reviews all workshop requests on a rolling basis and will respond by 45 days after each request deadline.
Click here for step-by-step guidance on using IBIS to make a request [1.2 MB] . If you don't have an IBIS login, please contact IB Answers.
|Proposed workshop date||Submission deadline||Confirmation of acceptance|
|November-January||1 July||15 August|
|February-April||1 October||15 November|
|May-July||1 January||15 February|
|August-October||1 April||15 May|
Introductory in-school workshops
Professional development requirements for authorization mandate that all staff of MYP and CP* applicant schools attend the “Developing the MYP” or “Developing the CP” workshop. These introductory in-school workshops are managed differently than Category 1, 2, and 3 in-school workshops, and do not require the submission of an application through IBIS/Regis. For more information on the pricing and to learn how these workshops are managed, please see our Developing the MYP or CP: Workshop Information [212 KB] .
*Staff of CP candidate schools that also offer the Diploma Programme are not required to attend this workshop.
Is a cluster/district workshop event right for you? Complete the following checklist to find out.
- I am requesting IB Professional Development workshops for 51 or more teachers from at least two candidate or authorized IB World Schools within 100 miles/160 km of the venue.*
- I have assessed the PD needs of participating schools and have reviewed the IB WORKSHOPS AND SERVICES 2019 - 2020 CATALOGUE to identify workshops that will meet these needs.
- I am aware that a cluster/district workshops are 15 hours in duration and take place over two and a half days or, in some cases, two days with an additional online learning component.
- I understand that participants who complete all 15 hours of training are eligible to receive a certificate of participation
- I understand that all applications are subject to approval and that preference will be given to applications that are submitted at least five months in advance. Therefore, I plan to organize a cluster/district workshop event no less than five months from now (and will be notifying IB of my interest shortly).
- I have read the Additional considerations document – North America [180 KB] or the Additional considerations document – Latin America [181 KB] .
*Looking to train a smaller number of teachers from just your school? Find out if an in-school workshop is right for you.
Ready to move forward? Let’s get in touch.
Let the Professional Development team know more about your area schools and desired workshops by completing this Cluster/District workshop event form. Completing this form will connect you to the IB Professional Development Delivery Department. Someone from PD Delivery will follow up within 10 days of receipt.
Returning customer? Welcome back!
Please contact Professional Development Delivery Associate Katie Kooser to receive a copy of the latest cluster/district workshop event application.
Please contact us via email if you have any questions about hosting a cluster/district workshop event
|Download the 2019 PYP Workshop Schedule||Download the 2019 MYP Workshop Schedule||Download the 2019 DP Workshop Schedule||Download the 2019 CP Workshop Schedule|
|Download the 2019 PYP Workshop Schedule||Download the 2019 MYP Workshop Schedule||Download the 2019 DP/CP Workshop Schedule|
Contact the team
If you have any questions about professional development in the Americas, please email us.