Below, you'll find information on additional resources that support research about the International Baccalaureate®(IB).
The Jeff Thompson Research Award
The Jeff Thompson Research Award provides incentive funding for current IB World School employees to conduct research projects in IB World Schools. This is the only source of funding available for external research projects on the IB. The award is competitive and applications are reviewed twice a year. Summaries of the results of winners' research are posted to the IB website.
Research essentials for IB leaders
“Research essentials for IB leaders” is a practical tool, providing IB heads and coordinators with ready-to-use, powerful research findings and figures that demonstrate the value of an IB education. Findings and figures are designed to be easily selected and used for presentations and meetings to present sound evidence of the impacts of IB programmes.
Annotated bibliographies – IB research
You may also be interested in our annotated bibliographies, which look at:
- Research on the IB from 2020 [804 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2019 [1.3 MB]
- Research on the IB from 2018 [1.2 MB]
- Research on the IB from 2017 [750 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2016 [441 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2015 [463 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2014 [33 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2013 [209 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2012 [598 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2011 [373 KB]
- Research on the IB from 2010 [131 KB]
Journal of Research in International Education [outside resource]
While JRIE is not affiliated with IB, it frequently contains research articles related to the IB and is of general interest to those in the field of International Education.