Benefits for teachers
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) offers many benefits to teachers.
IB teachers are given access to:
- high quality professional development that encourages critical thinking, self-reflection and dedication to lifelong learning and continuous improvement
- innovative and diverse education frameworks, unit planners, teaching resources and evaluation tools
- certification and degree programmes offered by highly respected universities worldwide
- a pedagogy known to produce students who are motivated to continue inquiry and lifelong learning, beyond school study.
Access high quality professional development
The IB sees teachers as essential to the success of the school and as part of a professional learning community. To support them, we offer extensive professional development (PD), including:
- face-to-face workshops, in-school and at regional events
- online workshops
- blended learning.
Learn more about PD run by the IB.
Earn university-recognized qualifications
The IB partners with prestigious universities and institutions around the world to offer IB certificates in teaching and learning and IB certificates in leadership.
We offer four distinct certificates:
- Certificate in teaching and learning
- Advanced certificate in teaching and learning research
- Certificate in leadership practice
- Advanced certificate in leadership research.
Find out how to enroll for an IB professional certificate.
Deliver an engaging learning experience
The IB has four education programmes, each for a different age group. Together, the four programmes provide a critically engaging, intellectually stimulating, personally uplifting and inspiring continuum of education.
Read more about IB education programmes, including their contents and individual successes.