The IB higher education symposium
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) partners with leading universities to offer the annual IB Higher Education Symposium.
A growing body of evidence shows that students who participated in IB programmes are better prepared academically for university level courses, and are more likely to graduate – and graduate sooner – than other students.
IB programmes are taught by schools all over the world – both small and large; both public and private. Our programmes help develop students' intellectual rigour, and their personal, emotional and social skills.
The 2016 IB Higher Education Symposium took place at Tufts University, Medford, Massachusetts, USA, from 9-10 November 2016.
What is the Higher Education Symposium?
The IB Higher Education Symposium engages university admissions professionals and college counselors to address the following timely topics:
- The rigorous preparation with which IB students enter university and the holistic way in which they enrich the university environment.
- A global perspective on college and career readiness – what can we learn from each other?
- High-level discussions with top university leaders in the field, on globalization, student mobility and promoting access to higher education.
- Analysis of the latest IB research.
- New services and tools from the IB that will support an institution's ability to recruit a diverse and academically qualified cohort of internationally-minded students.
For the first event in Europe, participants from 32 countries attended the 2015 IB Higher Education Symposium at Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands.
155 delegates from 20 countries gathered, at the University of Hong Kong, for the 2014 Higher Education Symposium.
Stanford University, in the USA, held the inaugural Higher Education Symposium in 2013.