Receiving student results
IB students can request that their results are sent to institutions and admissions centres. An institution or admission centre may also opt to access the results electronically via the IB information system (IBIS).
Designed specifically for universities, colleges and admissions centres, the IBIS interface makes accessing results easy by providing:
- Immediate access to the latest grade information without any manual intervention, including an automatic notification of grade changes via email.
- Access to data prior to results being issued, so that you may cross-reference the names of candidates.
- Printable PDF documents.
- Comma separated variable (CSV) files, for importing to databases.
For more information about IBIS including instructions on how to receive IB student transcripts, please download Accessing IB student transcripts: A guide for university staff [1.5MB] .
If your institution or admission centre already has an IBIS account, then transcripts can be viewed by logging into IBIS here.
Please note that the IB is transitioning institute users account management from IBIS to My IB as part of service improvement works.
IBIS will continue as the system for institutions to access results and transcripts, however, you will no longer be able to add users or change institution details through IBIS. These changes will be completed through a new system My IB.
You can find a series of our frequently asked questions regarding the new MyIB system here [138 KB] .
If you have any questions regarding accessing My IB or IBIS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Results release dates
The International Baccalaureate conducts two examination sessions each year.
- May session—results issued on 5 July
- November session—results issued on 2 January 2021 from 12:00 GMT (noon)
Statistical bulletins are produced after each examination session, with summary statistics for that sessions as well as comparisons with previous years.