For the International Baccalaureate® (IB) Diploma Programme (DP) and Career-related Programme (CP), there are two examination sessions each year in May and November.
May 2023 examination session
The IB has worked to ensure that all candidates registered for the DP/CP May examination session have a path forward to earn the IB Diploma Programme or Career-related Programme certificate—whether they could sit their examinations or not.
As a result, the IB provided schools with a choice of options for their candidates, including:
- awarding grades using written examinations if they could be sat safely
- an alternative route using coursework and predicted grades.
Accessing May 2023 examination results
The candidate website has been updated from the May 2023 session to improve performance stability.
To be able to access your May 2023 session results please follow these steps:
- Ask your programme coordinator to provide you with your May 2023 login credentials – this includes a personal code and individual PIN. Login credentials for the candidate website are session specific. For example, if you are a retake candidate, your login credentials for the May 2022 session will be different to your May 2023 login credentials.
- On the landing page of the candidate website, click on 'Results for May 2023'. From there you will be redirected to the new results platform login page.
- On the login page, enter your May 2023 candidate website credentials. Beware these are case sensitive; therefore, they need to be entered in the same way they were provided to you.
- If this is the first time you access the site, you will need to read and accept the terms and conditions by clicking 'I Accept' at the bottom of the page.
- To view your results for this session you can:
- Click on the 'View results' button or;
- Select the 'Results' tab at the top of the screen.
If you were registered for previous sessions and you need to check your previous session results, please follow these steps:
- On the Home screen, click 'Candidate' on the blue banner at the top of the screen – this will direct you to the landing page.
- Click on the 'Results before May 2023' button – the previous candidate website login screen will be displayed.
- From there, enter your login credentials which are specific to the session you need to see your results for, e.g., May 2022. If you don’t remember your login credentials for previous sessions, please ask your programme coordinator.
You can follow this process to access your results for May 2023 by clicking on the following link.
Accessing November 2023 examination results
DP/CP results are released to IB World Schools on 2 January 2024 at 12.00 noon Greenwich Mean Time (GMT). DP/CP candidates will receive their results within 48 hours of the release to schools. For more information, candidates are encouraged to talk to their coordinator.
In each examination session, about 80% of DP students are awarded the IB diploma. The IB has summaries of previous DP exam sessions, including comparisons with previous years. You can also read about grading in each DP subject group (PDF, 2.2. MB).
Requesting remark services
After the results have been issued, schools can place Enquiry Upon Results (EUR) requests on students' behalf. There are several categories of EURs available; candidates should contact their coordinator for more information.
Distributing grades to universities
As soon as results are released, the IB can distribute grades to universities around the world.
Join the IB's global alumni network
The IB is extremely proud of its graduates, and the alumni network connects them with one another and with the IB community.
Members of the alumni network receive opportunities to get involved in IB projects and to share their stories.
Students who will graduate in the next two years are encouraged to join.