Fees and services
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) is a non-profit educational foundation. It covers its main operational costs by charging fees to schools for providing services to support the implementation of its programmes.
There are three main categories of fees charged to schools authorized to offer the IB Career-related Programme (CP).
- Annual school fee – paid by each IB World School for each programme it is authorized to teach
- Student fees – candidate registration fee and subject fees
- By-request service fees - paid when a school requests an extra service from the IB. For example, enquiry upon results.
There are two other areas where schools can choose to purchase services from the IB:
- Professional development – for teachers and administration
- The IB store – for publications or merchandise.
If you would like to read more details on the latest fees, please visit our assessment fees page.
To discuss our fee structure in more detail, please contact your regional office.