Webinars and learning resources
Check out our upcoming and past webinars on how to grow student participation in the IB Diploma Programme at your school, including helpful learning resources.
"Is the IB CP for me?"
Originally presented on 5 May 2021
What if there were multiple pathways for a student to prepare for higher learning and to excel in their chosen career?
Every student should have access to a world class education and, in particular, the kind that draws on their interest and equips them with the tools they need to navigate further studies, future work and the changing world.
This webinar is designed to help you walk students through all the ways they can experience success in the CP and to help schools communicate the value of IB education for all students.
Featuring a panel with:
- Maken Payne, Executive Director of International Recruitment and Relations, Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD)
- Mario Pochat, CEO, Vancouver Animation School (VANAS)
- Dan Wartick, Former Principal, North Kansas City High School
- Drew White, Principal, North Kansas City High School
Strategies for Broadening Participation in the IB Diploma & Career-related Programmes
Originally presented April 2021
In this series of webinars, discover and uncover new tools and strategies for broadening participation in your school’s IB Diploma & Career-related Programmes. All three sessions will be tailored to a specific IB region, but relevant and accessible to all IB schools worldwide.
All webinars will help you to:
- Further integrate the IB to your school's mission, values and curriculum requirements.
- Support your school to strategically remove barriers that deter students from choosing DP or CP.
- Identify ways to prepare students for the rigor of the IB and develop systems of support to empower positive experiences and outcomes.
Enhancing the IB Student Experience
In this webinar, explore how diversifying IB subject choice at your school can create more accessibility and excitement for potential IB students.
Marketing the IB to Students & Parents
In this webinar, learn how to answer #WhyIB for parents and students in your school community, explore new ways to highlight the DP & CP core, and walk away with a #WhyIB tip sheet.
Advancing Equity in IB Programmes
In this webinar, discover how to truly make the #IB4ALL (IB for all) at your school through the IB’s equity initiatives. Plus hear from current IB World Schools that fully reflect diversity and academic excellent in their IB programme(s). Special emphasis will be put on IB language & literature courses and how to make them accessible to your entire school population.
"Is the IB DP for me?"
Originally presented on 17 March 2021
How can all students benefit from the challenging and future-shaping IB Diploma Programme (DP)?
Every student should have access to a world class education and, in particular, the kind that draws on their interest and equips them with the tools they need to navigate further studies and the changing world. This webinar is designed to help you walk students through all the ways they can experience success in the DP and to help schools communicate the value of IB education for all students.
Featuring staff and current students from Del Mar High School in San Jose, California.
Recruiting students to the DP: How to (truly) reach all students with "IB For All"
Originally presented on 8 October 2020
The central mission of an IB education is to nurture curiosity and develop caring and compassionate lifelong learners. Communicating this to parents and students is one of the most important jobs of IB Coordinators and School Leaders. However, it’s not always simple.
In this webinar on recruiting students to the Diploma Programme, IB educator David Quinn, from Harlem Village Academy in New York, aims to inspire with his powerful strategy for including all students in the IB Diploma Programme through messaging that helps young people realize they can overcome their fears and exceed their own expectations.
Specifically, David discusses:
- Why an IB education prepares every student to be successful.
- What messaging and activities inspire students to take on the DP.
- How larger DP cohorts benefit schools and helps to strengthen the school community.
- The myths surrounding what types of students can tackle and thrive in the DP – Because the IB truly is FOR ALL.