The PD Digital Channel is a free, new and interactive platform where IB educators can access thousands of resources to support teaching in their programme and subject, connect with and learn from peers, and elevate their expertise by contributing their teaching and learning insights within a global network of educators.
What educators gain from the PD Digital Channel
- High-quality unit plans, lessons, classroom activities, links to high quality primary and secondary sources, and other resources to support outstanding IB teaching, curated from educators around the world.
- Short, practical videos, podcasts, blogs, and presentations targeted to Approaches to Teaching and other aspects of IB pedagogy.
- Moderated, dynamic communities of practice where educators can exchange teaching materials, share best practices, and connect with peer coaches for specific, practical advice—all in a supportive space led by IB teachers for IB teachers.
- Learning modules designed to help educators master key competencies from the IB Teacher Capabilities Framework and earn micro credentials attesting to their mastery.
Help shape the next generation of online professional learning
We are recruiting educators to participate in the pilot as test users or as content developers.
Become a test user
Browse community and curated resources, share feedback on the Channel and its content, and engage in professional discussions among peers. If your subject or programme is not yet launched, IB staff will add you to our waitlist for first preference when it does.
Apply to be a content developer
Contribute practical, daily-use teaching materials, like units, lessons, and classroom activities, or write and produce learning modules aligned to the IB Teacher Capabilities Framework. These positions are paid.
Professional learning in the PD Channel is self-paced and interest-driven. Educators can learn from anywhere they can log in, at any time.
Take a quick video tour of the PD Digital Channel, then dig deeper into the following sample video content:
- Can justification be sufficient for knowledge? TOK educator Will Everitt provides strategies for discussing the key concept of justification in your TOK classroom.
- History teacher of the year Alysha Butler gives practical tactics for shifting Black history to the center of your school curriculum.
- Do you know your personal polynomial? Math teacher James Tanton provides a fun example for how to fit functions to data.
- Four key skill sets support students in successful History IAs. Learn what they are in this quick overview of educator Allison Navas’s helpful series.
June 2022 update: The PD Digital Channel is currently being piloted in English with DP History and DP Mathematics educators. In summer 2022, we will expand the pilot to include the DP Core, DP Physics and other subjects to be announced. Subjects will be added on a rolling basis until all IB programmes, subjects and official languages are represented in the PD Channel. Educators working in all languages and programmes/subjects are encouraged to apply to be test users or content contributors, as we build a deep reserve of interest and expertise for the future of the Channel.
Data privacy notice: IBO staff will use your data to optimize the PD Channel user experience, improve its content, and better understand educators’ needs for ongoing professional learning. No data on your usage of the platform will be shared with your local head of school, coordinator, or other administration.
For any questions about the PD Channel pilot, please email us at email@example.com.