To set up your backup method, log in to the IB System, but before you authenticate with your primary method/device, click Settings towards the bottom of the page.
You will then be taken to the “My Devices” page
Click the Add button, and authenticate with your primary method/device. If you use Email or SMS texts, please use the most recent code you received.
You will now see a window with multiple options.
Choose which backup method you prefer and then follow the instructions below depending on what you have selected. Please note: It is highly recommended to add a second authentication method that is not from the same device.
If you would like to add your smartphone as a backup method, please download and open the app, scan the QR code and follow the instructions on your phone.
- SMS: Choose the flag for your country and enter in your mobile number. You will receive a text message with a 6 digit code to enter into the browser.
- Voice: Choose the flag for your country and enter in your landline or mobile number. You will receive a telephone call with a 6 digit code to enter into the browser.
- Email: Enter the email address you wish to use. You will receive an email with a 6 digit code to enter into the browser.
- Desktop: Make note of the 12-digit pairing key, and then choose the Windows or Mac version. Download and install the software and open the application. Here you can enter the 12 digit pairing key. Then, create a 4 digit PIN which you will need to access the application. You will then see a 6 digit code. Copy and paste this into the browser.
- Yubikey: Insert your Yubikey into a USB port and tap it to begin pairing.
You have now set up a backup device. If on any occasion you do not have access to your primary method or device, you can select Change Device on the PingID authentication screen and choose your back up method.