Transcript of grades
An IB transcript of grades is an official copy of an IB candidate’s results that is sent to an institute of higher education (university) directly. These documents are not sent to candidates or other organisations, they are for institutes records only.
Before results are released (5th July for a May examination session and 5th January for a November examination session) candidates can request to have their results sent to six universities free of charge (of these six only one can be requested for the USA and one for Canada). Before results are released, all requests must be submitted by the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma programme coordinator of the school. Additional transcript requests can be made and will incur a transcript request fee.
Following the issue of results for the session in which a candidate has taken their examinations, the candidate must submit their transcript requests directly to the IB. Each request will incur a transcript request fee.
To submit a transcript request using a debit or credit card for payment please complete the online request results service form. Please note that the IB does not accept American Express cards.
To submit a transcript request using a cheque for payment please complete the following form and send to the IB Transcript office as stated on the form:
The IB will not accept cash or postal orders as forms of payment.
Please note: When contacting IB Answers, you should include the following information.
- Your full name as registered with the IB
- Full name of your high school and its location (city, state, country)
- Date when exams were taken (May or November and year)
- Date of birth
- IB personal code or session code (if known) -The personal code comprises of three letters followed by three numbers. The session code comprises of ten numbers, a six digit school code followed by three digit candidate number. If you have received your official diploma/certificate, these can be found in the lower left-hand corner of your document.
- Full name and address of the university.