Are you interested in presenting a breakout session at the IB IberoAmerica Conference, Bogotá 2024? If so, submit a proposal to the IB Review Committee.
Session proposals should fall under one of the following strands that reflect important, broad trends in education that are both specific to the IB and relevant to non-IB schools and contexts.
Educational technology and innovation
Combining technological tools and resources with educational practice to facilitate learning.
- Sessions may include technologies for hybrid learning environments, emerging software and hardware for educational purposes, cutting-edge research in education, and the role of technology in addressing global issues.
Inclusive education and well-being
A whole-school approach to education that promotes inclusion, equitable quality education and access for all students. This strand also includes the skills and competencies needed to thrive in an interconnected world.
- Sessions may include topics that promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and access, gender equality, as well as wellness, emotional intelligence and resilience.
Learning and teaching
Competencies and strategies needed to facilitate lifelong learning.
- Sessions include all four IB programmes’ frameworks (PYP, MYP, DP, CP) as well as non-IB curriculums, and may cover an array of topics (for example agency, assessment, 21st century skills).
Advanced content for education leaders.
- Sessions may include topics on governance, building partnerships, creating school culture, climate and thought leadership, and plans and policies for sustainable education.
The deadline for submitting a proposal is Sunday, 11 February 2024. We cannot consider submissions received after the deadline. Please note that the submission process is highly competitive and we can only accept a limited number of proposals. The IB Review Committee will review all proposals and notify you no later than Monday, 4 March 2024.
- Delivered in Spanish or Portuguese
- 75 minutes long, including time for interaction and discussion
- Focus on professional development
- Cannot promote commercial purposes
- All presenters and co-presenters must register for the conference by Friday, 26 February 2024.
- As a presenter, you will receive a USD 75 discount off the conference registration fee. This discount cannot be combined with other discounts.
- Individuals may not submit or appear on more than two proposals, either as primary or secondary presenters.
- The same school or institution may not appear on more than two proposals.
Terms and conditions
- All presenters must be available to present any time during the conference (excluding pre-conference workshops).
- All presenters must comply with the timelines and deadlines shared by the IB upon session confirmation to ensure the successful delivery of their session.
- The layout of meeting rooms will vary. Stationery will be provided. Additional information on room specifications will be provided upon approval of the session presentation. The rooms will range from a capacity of 50 to 300. The Global Conferences team will assign rooms based on their experience of previous conferences and session popularity.
- The IB will not reimburse any expenses.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.