IB World School alumni, IB World Schools and universities are invited to send a video to talk about their experience of the IB. For example, we would like to hear how the IB has inspired students, alumni, teachers, heads of schools and admissions specialists around the world.
Selected videos will be showcased on the university page. There will be a unique networking space at the IB virtual conference for peers to share their experiences.
A limited number of videos may also be broadcast before some of the conference sessions and on the IB social media channels via the hashtag #UAC23.
Videos should be a short presentation of between three and five minutes and should address the following questions:
Testimonials from universities
- What do you value the most in an applicant or student with an IB background?
- How do you feel the IB programme prepares students for the next stage of their education?
- When reading admissions files from IB applicants, what stands out to you?
Testimonials from alumni
- When looking back at the IB programme you followed in school, what do you feel was the one thing that prepared you the most for university?
- Was there anything in particular that you really enjoyed about the IB programme?
- The IB aims to prepare inquiring, knowledgeable and caring young people who help create a better and more peaceful world through education that builds intercultural understanding and respect. How do you feel the IB prepared you in this way?
- If you had one tip for a current IB student, what would it be?
Testimonials from IB World Schools
- What are the strengths of the IB programme in preparing students for their future steps?
- How have your students benefitted from their IB programme in terms of skills, knowledge and development?
- Total length between two and five minutes.
- File specification: MP4 (.mp4)
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Maximum resolution of 1,920 x 1,080 (FHD)
- Minimum resolution of 1,280 x 720 (HD)
All applications must be submitted by IB alumni, an IB World School or a university.
How to apply
If a video is selected to feature before a conference session, the person submitting the video will have to send the final recording of the video by Friday 17 February 2023, 11.59 pm (EDT). The IB reserves the right to make final comments on the final video and may suggest edits.
Each person who appears in the video must submit an IB Copyright License Request and an Image Notice Consent Form. All applicable forms must be submitted no later than Friday 17 February 2023, 11.59 pm (EDT).
26 January 2023
Deadline to submit a testimonial
30 January 2023
|Selected IB World Schools are notified by the IB|
3 February 2023
|Selected IB World Schools to submit final recording, if applicable|
17 February 2023
|Selected IB World Schools to submit all applicable consent forms|
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.