Masterclasses are designed for educators seeking to enhance their professional and leadership skills. Sessions will be held live in Singapore. Please note that the masterclasses will not be recorded. Find out more here.
The speakers will give “big picture” presentations around the conference theme, Embracing innovation, inspiring action, and topics related to education. These opening talks set the tone of the conference and provide fresh perspectives by sparking thinking and inspiring action. Sessions will be held live in Singapore and live-streamed to the virtual platform.
Sessions will be delivered by subject-matter experts on topics that impact the International Baccalaureate (IB) community. These include
- Best practices for remote learning
- Diversity and inclusion, and culturally responsive teaching
- Future of education post-COVID–19
- Social-emotional learning
- Supporting vulnerable students
- Wellness and well-being for students and teachers
Sessions will be held live in Singapore and live-streamed to the virtual platform.
IB staff sessions
There will be presentations on important IB messages, including programme updates and other staff presentations relevant to serving the needs of schools. These sessions will be held virtually.
There will be over 40 live and on-demand sessions during the virtual conference, covering a wide range of the most relevant topics for IB educators and the larger global community today. Sessions will focus on new approaches to teaching and learning, professional applications, scholarly analyses, best practices and case studies. These sessions will be held virtually.
Presentations will fall under one of the following strands.
Educational technology and innovation
Combining technological tools and resources with educational practice to facilitate learning.
- Sessions may include technologies for hybrid learning environments, emerging software and hardware for educational purposes and cutting-edge research in education.
Inclusive education and well-being
A whole-school approach to education that promotes inclusion, equitable quality education and access for all students. This strand also includes the skills and competencies needed to thrive in an interconnected world.
- Sessions may include topics that promote diversity, inclusion, equity and access, as well as wellness, emotional intelligence and resilience.
Learning and teaching
Competencies and strategies needed to facilitate lifelong learning.
- Sessions include all four IB programmes’ frameworks as well non-IB curriculums, and may cover an array of topics (e.g. agency, assessment).
Advanced content for education leaders.
- Sessions may include topics on governance, building partnerships, creating school culture, and climate and thought leadership.
There will be diverse opportunities for interacting and socializing with peers, IB staff and exhibitors.
Community projects corner
The conference will feature a showcase of students’ or schools’ work, creativity and talent.