Pre-conference workshops are full-day workshops that will take place on Thursday 5 October 2023.
Presenter: Alain Rodrigue
This workshop will explore how the IB leadership suite of workshops addresses some of the key challenges of school leadership. It will provide delegates with practical strategies and tools they can apply in their schools.
- How deeply ingrained is learning in the very fabric of our schools—not only within classrooms, but also in the staff room and the board room?
- How do we translate a personal/governor/senior leadership vision into a shared vision that galvanizes the whole school organization and all its stakeholders?
- How do leaders effectively sustain and nurture teams to maximize team learning resulting in positive outcomes throughout the IB World School.
- What is in our toolbox of strategies to overcome barriers and challenges in complex situations?
- How can we lead community engagement to leverage the wisdom and expertise of all learning community members, thereby fostering interdependent, diverse and inclusive relationships?
Presenter: Chris Wright“The question of well-being, mental well-being and social and emotional skills has been on the global agenda of education for several years now. More and more people talk of the need for holistic schooling, to think about the whole student and the whole school community. The IB is very much of this international conversation. The question, how can we include well-being in the culture of the schools, in the routines and habits that schools are run becomes central. We also need to take care of the well-being of teachers and the whole school staff. We have to take care of our well-being in a deliberate way.” Olli-Pekka Heinonen
This pre-conference workshop will explore tools for developing, planning, and implementing an inclusive whole school well-being programme. It will do this through the lens of professional inquiries.
- How can we nurture the well-being of all members of the school community?
- How can we build capacity of all staff to understand and prioritize well-being?
- What tools are there to lead well-being in a time of crisis?
- How can we grow an inclusive culture which the whole school community feels it can belong to and flourish?