Emploi – Écoles
At Dar al Marefa we strive to create a healthy and safe learning community that enriches the development of our students. Our learning process revolves around exploring ourselves, our capabilities and our local and global community, while taking pride in our local values and culture. We strive to enrich our children with knowledge, confidence and positive thinking enabling them to be positive citizens in their communities.
About Dar Al Marefa
Dar al Marefa is a candidate PYP school located in Dubai UAE. We are a bilingual school using Arabic and English as mediums of instruction. We also foster Islamic and local teachings and values. There are 300 primary students. The majority of the student population is first language Arabic speakers. The teaching staff is from various nationalities, of which 30% only are Arabic speakers.
• Homeroom Teachers Qualified in Early Years Learning Program
Primary School Positions:
• Homeroom Teachers and Subject Specialist Teachers.
• PE teacher for Primary/ Middle years
Middle School Positions:
• English Teacher preferably with TESOL qualifications and MYP experience
• Mathematics Teachers with MYP Experience
We are looking for highly motivated and experienced teachers whose some key responsibilities are:
• Work collaboratively with colleagues in planning the delivery of the curriculum;
• link on-going individual student assessment with planning for individual student needs,
• emphasize in planning the connections between curriculum areas and explicitly focus on trans-disciplinary skills;
• modify teaching approaches to accommodate different ranges of ability levels and learning styles in their class;
• show respect for colleagues by being prepared for meetings, arriving punctually, adhering to school-wide meeting norms, and applying and supporting agreements made in those meetings at all times;
• plan according to the school’s schedule, calendar and timelines while being punctual with deadlines required by the school,
• accept the additional duties of supervision and cover that the school might request;
• attend parent consultation sessions and any other Primary/secondary School-related meetings organized by the school;
• be understanding of the difficulties faced by those students for whom the language of instruction is not their first language,
• use a wide variety of media in teaching, drawing as much as possible from the students’ own cultural setting;
• be knowledgeable about the programmes and activities of the school, inform and organize the students for such, and be as involved and supportive as possible;
• be actively involved in the school’s professional appraisal scheme and conscientiously follow up any professional development needs that might be identified;
A Full Job description will be provided to the joining candidate.
• Bachelor Degree in the field of education or equivalent from a reputed university.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience preferably in an IB school.
• Have past experience in the gulf.
• Preference for bilingual candidate i.e. Arabic and English speaker.
Salaries are competitive and tax free. The school provides in addition to 12 months salary an accommodation, health insurance, and an annual ticket other than the join in ticket.