North America and the Caribbean
There are more than 900 schools in the United States, Canada and the Caribbean offering one or more of the IB's academic programs. IB World Schools in our region are of all types: public, private, magnet, charter, international, parochial and secular, and serve a broad and diverse range of students.
The IB North America regional office is located in New York, with a subregional office in Vancouver. These offices provide a wide range of services to IB World Schools and to prospective schools that are interested in our programs. In addition, IB North America provides a full array of professional development opportunities for teachers and administrators throughout the year.
IB programs help North American schools to:
- add international perspectives to their academic offerings
- measure teaching and learning against an international standard
- satisfy the educational needs of culturally, linguistically, and economically diverse student populations
- build students’ confidence in their learning abilities
- develop students’ capacity to think critically and act compassionately in a complex, ever-shrinking world
- connect their teachers to a world-wide community of teachers working on best educational practices
- implement the most effective classroom practices from around the world
- provide their teaching faculty with the opportunity to develop and expand their professional skills in the areas of school leadership, examining, curriculum writing, program evaluating, school mentoring and leading workshops.
- Estados Unidos de América, 8 marzo 2014 — Category 3 Continuum Workshops in Minneapolis, MN (IB Americas) (3 días)
- Estados Unidos de América, 8 marzo 2014 — Category 1, 2, and 3 Diploma Workshops in Minneapolis, MN (IB Americas) (3 días)
- Estados Unidos de América, 8 marzo 2014 — Category 3 MYP Workshops in Minneapolis, MN (IB Americas) (3 días)
- Estados Unidos de América, 8 marzo 2014 — Category 1, 2, and 3 PYP Workshops in Minneapolis, MN (IB Americas) (3 días)
- Estados Unidos de América, 8 marzo 2014 — Category 3 Diploma Workshop in Altanta, GA (ISTA) (3 días)
- Más información
Journal of Best Practices 2006
The 2006 Journal will focus on critiques, debates, and examples of action research and how it continues to define and characterize the field of educational research.
President Bush Cites International Baccalaureate as Crucial to His American Competitiveness Initiative
President Bush's Advanced Placement/International Baccalaureate (AP/IB) Program will train 70,000 additional teachers to lead AP/IB math and science courses. Read more.
25th Annual Regional Conference
Learning Communities and the IB
Exhibit, sponsor or advertise
Reach more than 700 IB practitioners! More > [648 kb, PDF]
U.S. Dept. of Education:
Reviewers Needed for the FY 2006 Advanced Placement Incentive (API) Program Review. Read more.