To start, the resource will provide a quick overview of where to find the most up-to-date extended essay and Diploma Programme resources. Next, you will review subject-specific guidance on topics such as the world studies essay model and the essay's interdisciplinary approach. The final section includes teacher advice and further supporting resources.
The resource provides you with an opportunity to:
- reflect on teaching and learning practices that support the extended essay
- review the world studies assessment criteria
- appreciate the interdisciplinary approach of the essay
- explore authentic student samples with examiner annotations.
Some of the main benefits educators can gain from self-paced modules include:
- Accessing professional development from the comfort of their homes – no need to incur travel or accommodation costs.
- Self-paced module can be completed and revisited repeatedly for six months from date of purchase.
- Self-paced module topics can be hyper-focused and cover topics not normally featured in typical IB professional development workshops and events.
The self-paced modules do not count towards authorisation or evaluation. However, they are an excellent opportunity to build and enhance professional development portfolios.
IB self-paced modules are category 3, building on and enhancing professional development portfolios.
The introductory price is 125 USD.
Once registered, cancellations are not permitted for the self-paced modules.
Self-paced Module Completion Requirements
- Participants should plan to spend five hours of active online participation and learning to complete each self-paced module.
- Participants will receive access to their self-paced module within 24 hours of registration and have six months from the date of registration to finish all the learning engagements.
- Self-paced modules are fully online and asynchronous with no facilitator, so participants can complete the module at their own pace.
- Access to the content on each self-paced module is available for six months from date of purchase.
- Once participants complete all the learning engagements, they will be able download the completion certificate.