Guidance for Third Party Publishers and Providers

The IB grants authorized schools a license to reproduce IB materials within certain restrictions.

IB Schools should refer to the Rules and Policy for use of IB Intellectual Property for guidance on what is and is not allowed and can contact if their question is not covered in the Rules and Policy.

If you wish to use IB materials in any other capacity then you are considered a third party and will need to obtain a license from the IB.

Please be aware that you also need to obtain a license if you wish to make a commercial use of any IB materials purchased from the IB store (eg if you wish to use IB Examination Papers as part of a for fee tutoring service).

These guidelines provide advice on how to apply for such a license. Please be aware that a charge will usually be made for any license issued.

The IB’s General Principles

Academic use

How to apply for a licence

Types of material that can be licensed