Required materials for IB-run regional workshops
The IB is committed to modeling best practices in education, including integrating technology into professional development workshops.
Preparing for a workshop
- Each participant is required to bring a laptop and power cord to download workshop materials. We strongly encourage participants to bring a laptop rather than a tablet (e.g. iPad) device.
- Power strips and internet access will be available to participants in workshop rooms.
- A link will be provided prior to the workshop to all registered participants that contains a copy of the electronic workbook. Any further information or updates will be included in a participant welcome email, which is sent to all registered participants seven days prior to the workshop.
- Participants are encouraged to download a copy of the electronic workbook onto their hard drive. Participants may choose to print a hard copy and bring it to the workshop.
- If you have not done so already, please complete the following steps to gain access to the IB's Programme Resource Centre:
- Go to My IB (https://internationalbaccalaureate.force.com/ibportal/IBPortalLogin?lang=en_US) and click "New User?"
- When you receive your credentials, log into My IB and click on "IB roles" to select and register for each role you fulfill at your school
- Upon confirmation of your role by your school's programme coordinator of Head of School, you can login to My IB and access the Programme Resource Centre.
Participants should bring the subject guide to the workshop, along with any other documents requested by the workshop leader(s). Please note, workshop leaders will contact participants directly using the email address listed in the system.