Receiving student results
IB students can request that their results are sent to institutions and admissions centres. An institution or admission centre may also opt to access the results electronically via the IB information system (IBIS).
Designed specifically for universities, colleages and admissions centres, the interface makes accessing results easy by providing:
- Immediate access to the latest grade information without any manual intervention, including an automatic notification of grade changes via email.
- Access to data prior to results being issued, so that you may cross-reference the names of candidates.
- Printable PDF documents.
- Comma separated variable (CSV) files, for importing to databases.
Results release dates
The International Baccalaureate conducts two examination sessions each year.
- May session—results issued on 5 July
- November session—results issued on 5 January
Statistical bulletins are produced after each examination session, with summary statistics for that sessions as well as comparisons with previous years.
How does the IB grade students?
The following document outlines the characteristics of performance at each grade for Diploma Programme (DP) courses:
- DP grade descriptors [456 KB]