Successful candidates will have a proven track record of reaching beyond excellent classroom teaching and are inclined to start with why they teach, rather than what or how, and to show imagination and creativity in even basic lessons, yet they never let go of the importance of core knowledge and skills.
Salaries are commensurate with experience but do reflect the depth of breadth of commitment required of our faculty.
Brief Overview of the Role
• Deliver high-quality education to students
• Work with the curriculum director, weXplore director and IB coordinator to develop innovative curricula and best practices
• Participate in residential life and extra-curricular activities
• Deliver pastoral care as advisor to a select group of students
• General responsibilities are expected to be as follows, though these may be adapted to fit the skill set of the individual:
Be a model of professional behavior and contribute to a sense of community amongst students, faculty and administrative staff.
Take initiative in developing innovative curricula and best practices in your discipline, likely to address experiential, interdisciplinary & collaborative learning & the use of technology (iPhone, iPad and Macbook Pro.)
Prepare, deliver and assess three to four hours a week of formal instruction per subject per grade.
Share duties according to the schedule set by the Head of School.
Oversee the general well-being of a group of students assigned by the Head of School.