We are seeking to appoint a well-qualified, enthusiastic and dedicated Head of Pre-School commencing 1 August 2012.
The German European School Singapore (GESS) is a private school led by an elected Board and the school management, providing education in German (since 1971), and English (since 2005) and certification in the German Abitur and International Baccalaureate Diploma respectively. We are a fully accredited IB World School, and our Pre-School Department, with its special dual language component (German – English), follows the Primary Years Programme (PYP) of the International Baccalaureate®. The Pre-School Department is currently shaped by 50 full and part-time employees and about 300 students with the entire school being comprised of over 1,400 students hailing from some 40 different countries, as well as 270 employees across our two campuses.
• Qualifications as social educator (degree) or certified early childhood educator and relevant experience in a similar leadership position
• English at native speaker level, German advantageous
• Proven leadership skills and ability to work in a team
• Knowledge of the implementation of the German educational programmes (curricula) or the PYP (Primary Years Programme)
• Strong organisational skills
• Enthusiasm and talent for working with parents
• Willingness to promote, develop and implement new programs in the Pre-school Department
• An interesting, diverse and responsible position in an open-minded and dedicated team
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Regular professional development
Your application should include: Letter of application, full resume and recent photo. Please indicate your reasons for applying for the position, your subject specialism and salary expectations. Kindly submit your application via email, indicating the post for which you are applying in the subject line. Your application should reach us by 03 June 2012.
The school reserves the right to appoint sooner than this deadline should an outstanding candidate apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Thank you for your understanding.
German European School Singapore
Human Resource Manager
72, Bukit Tinggi Road, Singapore 289760