Westhill Institute is an international American school located on the western edge of Mexico City. Our student population comes from more than 30 different countries, and as such, Westhill is one of the few truly international schools in Mexico. In addition to authorization to deliver the IB Diploma Program, Westhill has made application for candidacy for the Primary Years Program and the Middle Years Program. Our accreditation status includes the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools /SACS / AdvancED), the Texas Alliance of Accredited Private Schools (TAAPS), the Secretaría de Educación Publica (SEP - the Mexican Department of Education) , the Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México (UNAM - the national university of Mexico), the United States Embassy in Mexico, and the Association of American Schools in Mexico (ASOMEX). Westhill is a school with an extensive program for special needs children, small class sizes (never more than 20 in a classroom), low student teacher ratios (5:1), and an ongojng commitment to school improvement.
Westhill Institute is currently seeking applications from teachers for elementary and middle school who have the following qualifications:
1. A universtiy degree in the subject area or grade level for which you are applying to teach
2. All courses are delivered in English, therefore, candidates must have a native or near-native level of English language proficiency.
3. At least three years of classroom teaching experience in the subject area or grade level for which you are applying to teach.
4. A teaching crediential from the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, or Ireland. Mexican nationals who are applying for one of these elementary teaching positions must possess a teaching credential issued by the Secretaria de Educación Publica (SEP). Middle School applicatants should have a SEP crediential or a degree from the UNAM (or equivalent).
5. Candidates who have IB trainingj and experience will obviously be given first consideration. The school will provide training for those who do not have IB training or expeirence
6. A lifelong commitment to learning in a multicultural environment and an understanding of the importance of an international perspective on the educational experience of young people
7. An understanding of and commitment to the International Baccalaureate mission and purpose for education.
The following positions are currently available to qualified candidates:
Elementary (PYP) positions for grades 1, 3, and 5
Middle School (MYP) French B
Middle School (MYP) English A and English B
Middle School (MYP) Humanities
Middle School (MYP) Physical Education
Salaries are highly competitive for international schools located in Mexico. The school also offers a Master´s in Elementary of Secondary Education through the University of Alabama for all teachers at 70% discount. Contracts include five sick/personal days, approximately eight weeks of paid vacation throughout the year, international health insurance, payment for Mexicanv working documents, extensive IB-based professioanl development, a collegial working environment, and the satisfaction of working with wonderfully challenging children.
Applicants may send their current CVs to this email address. The selection process is ongoing and canidates will be notified of interview days and times