CLASSROOM ELEMENTARY SCHOOL TEACHER GOETHE INTERNATIONAL CHARTER SCHOOL HISTORICAL OVERVIEW: The Goethe International Charter School (GICS) is a start-up charter school in del Rey, Los Angeles, serving about 350 students during its third year of operation in grades Kindergarten through 5th. The educational model is based on two critical components; Second Language Acquisition (German as the target language) and International Baccalaureate Primary Year Program.
For the school year 2012/2013 we are seeking a fulltime classroom teacher for grade K – 5th.
• Implement GICS educational model
• Understand and implement CA State Standards
• Coordinate and plan instruction with grade level teams
• Use assessments to drive instruction
• Work collaboratively with Principal, Language Coordinators, and faculty
• Work cooperatively with families
• Participate in all school-funded professional development
• Follow all policies and procedures in the GICS handbook
• A bachelor’s degree;
• A California multiple subject credential or an University Intern Permit (for no more than three years while actively working toward completion of state credential)
• CLAD or BCLAD certificates
• Hold “highly qualified” NCLB status or evidence toward achievement
• Demonstrated subject competency through appropriate examination or coursework
• A Background Clearance from FBI/DOJ • TB Clearance
• A commitment to team-teaching in a foreign language immersion / IBPYP program
• A commitment to train in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program
• Bilingual German/English and/or English/Spanish encouraged Salary: Depending on qualification and experience.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com