HISTORICAL OVERVIEW: The Goethe International Charter School (GICS) is a start-up charter school serving about 350 students during its third year of operation in grades Kindergarten through 5th. The educational model is based on two critical components; Second Language Acquisition (German as the target language) and International Baccalaureate Primary Year Program.
The school is offering a site-based foreign language immersion program (English/German) where 50% of the instruction will occur in German and 50 % in English. All subject content will be taught in both languages; however each teacher will teach in either English or German—not both languages. In addition, the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme (IBPYP) will be developed and implemented to provide students with an international education.
For the next school year (2012/2013) we are looking for a German classroom elementary school teacher.
• Implement GICS educational model
• Understand and implement CA State Standards
• Coordinate and plan instruction with grade level teams
• Use assessments to drive instruction
• Work collaboratively with Principal, Language Coordinators, and faculty
• Work cooperatively with families
• Participate in all school-funded professional development
• Follow all policies and procedures in the GICS handbook
• German Native/Fluent in German
• a German 2nd State Examination and 3 years of teaching experience OR
• A bachelor’s degree
• A California multiple subject credential or an University Intern Permit (for no more than three years while actively working toward completion of state credential)
• CLAD or BCLAD certificates
• Hold “highly qualified” NCLB status or evidence toward achievement
• Demonstrated subject competency through appropriate examination or coursework
• A Background Clearance from FBI/DOJ
• TB Clearance
• A commitment to team-teaching in a foreign language immersion / IBPYP program
• A commitment to train in the International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program
• Bilingual German/English encouraged
Please send your cover letter and resume in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org. We offer: A salary comparable to LAUSD, full benefits, a collaborative & exciting workplace.