Scots College is seeking to appoint a Principal of Middle School commencing January 2013.
Due to roll growth, the College has recently restructured and this senior position has responsibility for the day to day operation of the Middle School consisting of 430 students, a team of more than 30 staff, as well as a wider role in the overall College operation. The salary package will reflect the high level of importance the Board places on this key position within the College.
We are seeking an experienced educational leader passionate about teaching, learning and the holistic development of young men. The appointee will be innovative and dynamic with excellent interpersonal skills.
As well as being an IB World School, Scots College is an independent, Presbyterian school for boys located in Strathmore, Wellington. It is well known for its holistic approach to education, encouraging all its students to explore not only the academic, but the sporting, cultural and spiritual dimensions of life. Its motto is “Learning. For Life” which reflects its objective to send each young man off into the world well prepared for the challenges ahead.
The ideal candidate for this role will have extensive senior leadership experience, and must be able to demonstrate:
• A background in boys’ education
• A passion for the International Baccalaureate programs, and independent education
• A breadth leadership across strategic, organisational and operational outcomes
• Experience managing a team of people, with the ability to support their development towards working as a cohesive unit and inspire them to excel
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships
• Absolute commitment to the pursuit of excellence and a willingness to frequently “go the extra mile” to ensure outcomes
• Superior organisational skills, and the ability to work on a variety of tasks concurrently
• Empathy with the College special character, philosophy and values
Applications close on Monday 30th July 2012 and are to comprise a covering letter and current CV (including the names of at least three referees). Applications are to be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org .
PO Box 15 064, Miramar
Tel: 04 388 0854