2330 Cypress Bowl Lane
West Vancouver, BC V7S 3H9
French Teacher – Junior School
Mulgrave is an independent, non-denominational co-educational school which is committed to providing an excellent academic programme from Pre-K through Grade 12. We are now inviting applications for a full time position of French Teacher for our Junior School.
Reporting to the Junior School Principal, this candidate will teach French to Grade K to 6. Mulgrave teachers are professionals who integrate fully into the life of the school. Teaching assignments include co-curricular responsibilities which supplement our educational programme. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package and an excellent student-teacher ratio.
Please visit our website at www.mulgrave.com for further information about our School and for a detailed Job Description.
Candidates will be expected to have:
• Canadian residency and be legally entitled to work in Canada
• All the requirements to be certified to teach in British Columbia
• The appropriate background and preparation for teaching French with excellent command of the French language, both oral and written
• Knowledge and understanding of the International Baccalaureate programmes, preferably with experience teaching French in the Primary Years Programme
• A familiarity with the French curricula in BC
• Experience teaching in a technology-rich environment
• Fluent communication skills in English, both oral and written
• Strong organizational, communication, administrative and interpersonal skills
• The ability to work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team
Suitable applicants should submit their resumes, along with letters of application which include the names of at least two references, to email@example.com by May 11th, 2012. Please include “Junior School French” in the subject line.
We thank all interested parties. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.