description: We are looking for our secondary school in St-Légier from August 2012for a Humanities Teacher to join our dynamic team of teachers teaching in the MYP and DP.
Candidates should be English fluent speaker with a good working knowledge of the French language.
• Follow closely the post specific expectations • In line with our Duty of Care, act with due consideration for the health safety and welfare of everybody involved with the community of the school. This is defined in the Health and safety Policy (appendix 1) in the general section and the post specific section.
• Play an active and directional role in the school, lead by example motivating others in the fulfilling of the school mission and guiding statements.
• Create enthusiasm for participation in and actively support extra-curricular and supplementary activities organised by Haut-Lac and its PTA.
• Plan effectively to ensure that all students have the opportunity to meet their potential, taking into account their individual needs, language ability and their prior attainment • Identify clear teaching objectives, success criteria, content, lesson structures and sequences appropriate to the age of students being taught.
• Make appropriate contributions to the preparation, implementation, monitoring and review of Individual Education Plans for students in their care.
• Ensure effective teaching of whole classes, groups and individuals so that teaching objectives are met, momentum and challenge are maintained, and best use is made of teaching time.