IB World Schools
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) does not own, operate or manage any schools. Instead, we work in partnership with 3,855 IB World Schools in 148 countries who offer our programmes. These schools:
- share the mission and commitment of the IB to quality international education
- have been authorized by the IB to offer one or more of our four programmes
- play an active and supporting role in the worldwide community of IB schools
- share their knowledge and experience in the development of the IB programmes
- are committed to the professional development of teachers.
The interdependent nature of the relationship between IB World Schools and the IB is a unique and a defining characteristic of the worldwide IB community.
The number of IB World Schools is growing rapidly and we are delighted to welcome new schools every month.
A range of statistics about IB World Schools is available in the statistics section.
Other useful documents
The Rules for IB World Schools document is a legal document that sets out the relationship between the IB Organization and IB World Schools.
Rules for IB World Schools
The General regulations document is a legal document that sets out the relationship between the IB Organization and IB students and their legal guardians.
Finding a school
There are three ways to find information about IB World Schools on this site.
1: Use the Find an IB World School option that appears on the left hand side of most pages on the site, including this one.
2: Use the site search to search using any text from a school name or address.
3: Use the A–Z index and search by any word in the school name. Ensure that the "include IB World Schools" option is selected.