Become an IB World School
To offer the Primary Years Programme (PYP) a school must first be authorized by the IB. We welcome schools that are willing to:
- share the mission and commitment of the IB to quality international education
- play an active and supporting role in the worldwide community of IB schools
- share their knowledge and experience in the development of the IB programmes
- commit to the professional development of teachers.
Our Primary Years Programme authorization process is designed to support schools in making the decision to become IB World Schools and to fully understand the nature and requirements of our programmes. Schools find this a challenging but rewarding process.
To take the first steps in becoming an IB World School authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme, please read the following documents, and complete the "intent to apply form".
- Interested schools form (intent to apply)
- Application form part A (application for candidate status) (323 kb, Word)
- Application form part B (application for authorization) (368 kb, Word)
These application forms should be read in conjunction with the following.
- Application procedure for candidate schools (40 kb, PDF)
- PYP guide to school application (254 kb, PDF)
- PYP school guide to the authorization visit (204 kb, PDF)
- The Rules for IB World Schools document is a legal document that sets out the relationship between the IB Organization and IB World Schools.
Rules for IB World Schools
- The General regulations document is a legal document that sets out the relationship between the IB Organization and IB students and their legal guardians.