This certificate aims to formally recognize teachers' knowledge and understanding of curricular, pedagogical and assessment issues involved in implementing the particular IB programme they teach or are intending to teach. It is available to teachers of three IB programmes (Primary Years Programme, Middle Years Programme and the Diploma Programme). It is tailored for:
- inexperienced teachers with limited or no previous IB teaching experience
- experienced teachers with limited or no previous IB teaching experience
- those interested in embarking on a teaching career involving an IB programme.
Please note that some recognized courses have additional experiential requirements which may affect a student’s eligibility. Any such requirements will be outlined by the university prior to students enrolling on the course. In addition, experienced IB teachers may wish to continue their professional development by completing a course of study recognized as meeting the requirements of the IB certificate in teaching and learning.
The IB certificate in leadership practice is designed for educators and administrators who want to improve their leadership capabilities or career aspirations in an IB context. Participants develop and refine their ability to take on leadership responsibilities and understand their role in guiding a school through IB authorization and implementation. It is tailored for:
- IB coordinators and aspiring teacher/leaders
- new administrators in IB World Schools
- teachers and administrator from non-IB schools who wish to develop understandings of leadership in an IB context.