Collaborations with other providers
The International Baccalaureate® (IB) recognizes the value of building relationships with high quality career-related qualification providers.
These collaborations help provide a common:
- explanation to schools and students of the merits of the CP framework
- explanation to further and higher education providers of the pathways for CP students and their recognition of relevant credit from both qualifications
- approach to professional development of teachers.
Who does the IB collaborate with?
The IB collaborates with major providers of career-related qualifications to support schools who wish to offer the CP:
- Pearson, for BTEC qualifications. Pearson is a multi-sector organization working in the Americas, AEM and Asia Pacific.
- Project Lead The Way, offers science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) in US schools.
- National Academies Foundation (NAF), provides education in finance, hospitality, engineering and healthcare in the US.
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment (CISI), promotes the advancement of knowledge in the field of securities and investment in schools and colleges throughout the UK, offering qualifications for operations, compliance & risk, capital markets & corporate finance, financial planning, wealth management and more.
- Savannah College of Art & Design (SCAD), offers degrees in four distinct locations around the world and online via eLearning for more than 40 programs, 70 minors and certificate programs.
- The Council for Awards in Care, Health and Education (CACHE) was established in 1945 by the UK Ministry of Health under the name of the National Nursery Examination Board (NNEB). Over the years they have continually invested in high quality qualifications. Written and developed by experts, they have helped millions of learners across the world to raise professional standards.
- The Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) is a global professional body for chartered accountants. ICAEW provides qualifications and professional development, shares knowledge, insight and technical expertise, and protects the quality and integrity of the accountancy and finance profession.
The IB is working to extend this range of collaborations with more high quality career qualification providers. If you represent a provider wishing to work with the IB, please contact us.