What is an IB education?
This series of new workshops deepens your understanding of IB teaching and learning to sustain and inspire your practice. Browse the topics available and choose the one you would like to pursue to strengthen your teaching and elevate your student outcomes.
Four new workshops offer a fresh look at IB teaching and learning
This professional development series is appropriate for practitioners in all four IB programmes, new, experienced and non-IB teachers alike. These face-to-face Category 3 workshops draw you into the IB community of educators for constructive engagement and lively interaction.
- Approaches to learning (workshops marked 'All') Explore development of communication, social, research and thinking skills to support students and encourage continual self-development as they pursue achievement throughout their lives.
- Investigating inquiry Immerse yourself in how to effectively support student inquiry.
- Living and learning globally Explore international-mindedness as a trait signaling sensitivity toward humanity and shared global responsibility.
- Beyond the disciplines Focus on the interrelatedness of knowledge, a practice that imbues teaching and learning with meaning.
What is an IB education nano PD resources
Want to know more? Work through a nano PD resource derived from each workshop to sample its content and what you’ll gain by attending. These nano resources may also be used as micro-PD within your school to stimulate your practice of inquiry, action and reflection.
More titles to enrich your IB literacy and expertise
- Bilingual and multilingual teaching and learning
- Creating inclusive classrooms
- Developing service learning
- The learner profile
- The role of the librarian
- Social and emotional learning