Obtaining transcripts outside of the USA
For universities outside of the USA and Canada.
To submit a request using a debit or credit card please complete the online request for results service form at this link.
Alternatively you can download the Transcript Request form for universities outside of the USA and Canada [Word doc, 107KB]
(Please do not complete this form if you are applying to universities in the USA or Canada).
Candidates registered for the current examination session:
The IB will send transcripts of grades free of charge for up to six universities. All requests must be made through the IB Diploma Programme coordinator at your school. The IB must receive requests by 5 July (for the May examination session) or by 5 January (for the November examination session). If your coordinator is unavailable, please contact:
For candidates of all previous examination sessions:
There is a fee of UK£10 per transcript request, all transcript requests must be signed and should include the appropriate fee
For all transcript requests
The laws of most countries require that all requests from graduates include a signature. A parent must sign requests from students under the legal age of majority in your country/state/province. Parents cannot submit a request for students over the legal age of majority.
Please use the transcript request form to provide the following information, in written format including signature:
- your full name as it appears on your IB diploma or certificate
- year and month of your examination session
- your candidate session number (seven digits) if available
- your date of birth
- name of your high school
- full name of the university or college requesting a transcript
- contact person or office at the university
- full address, phone number and contact email of university or college
- your email address or phone number
- your signature if you are over the age of majority/parent/guardian signature if graduate is under the age of majority
Please note that:
- your IB candidate session number can be found on the lower left-hand corner of your official diploma/certificate (last 7 digits of 10 digit code).
- your diploma/certificate is your official record of grades awarded.
- due to the high volume of requests, the IB office is unable to confirm the forwarding of each transcript. Please check with the university representatives after a few weeks to verify that transcripts have arrived.
- transcripts are processed in order of receipt.