During the CP pilot the IB recognized the value of building relationships with high quality career-related qualification providers in terms of
- A common explanation to schools and students of the merits of the CP framework
- A common explanation to further and higher education providers of the pathways for CP students and their recognition of relevant credit from both qualifications
- A common approach to professional development of teachers
The IB has signed Memoranda of Understanding with four major providers of career-related programmes, each of whom is collaborating with the IB to support schools who wish to offer CP and to articulate the benefits of the combined offering to students and the range of higher and further education and ready-for-work pathways available to them.
These collaborations are with:
- Pearson; for BTEC qualifications www.btec.co.uk
- Multi sector in UK, Africa, Europe and Middle East and Asia pacific
- ifs School of Finance www.ifslearning.ac.uk
- Financial services in the UK
- Project Lead The Way www.pltw.org
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) in the USA
- National Academies Foundation www.naf.org
- Finance, IT, Hospitality, Engineering and Health care in USA
The IB is in discussion to extend this range of collaborations with more high quality career/vocational qualification providers.
Apply to offer the CP
All IB World Schools who are already offering the IB Diploma Programme can apply to offer the CP. Read more information about applying for the CP .
External examinations for candidates for the IB diploma are given twice a year, in May and in November.
Diploma Programme courses online
Students not currently attending an IB World School will now have the opportunity to take Diploma Programme courses online
IB promotional publications are available, both to view online and to download. Visit the promotional publications page for more.
Help your professional development. Share our commitment to international education.