An Overview: IB Asia Pacific Professional Development Objectives
IB Training Objectives:
IB Asia Pacific Professional Development services provide training covering a range of topics. We aim to
- support the professional growth of teachers and administrators
- transform classroom practice and student learning
- cultivate enduring communities of learners
IB Training Principles:
IB Asia Pacific Professional Development services are provided according to key principles:
- Training for practitioners by practitioners: IB workshop leaders are experienced IB practitioners who understand the challenges of implementing and developing IB programmes in schools.
- Understanding of contemporary adult education strategies: IB workshop leaders are trained in the use of adult-education methodology.
- Modelling IB values: IB training demonstrates IB values in practice, such as the IB mission statement, the IB learner profile, and educational best practice that is inquiry based, collaborative and differentiated.
- Commitment to quality assurance: The quality of IB training content and delivery is carefully monitored and developed.
IB Training Expectations:
IB Asia Pacific professional development training activities are not simply lectures or seminars. While essential programme information is delivered within the course of the training, participants enjoy active, adult-learning experiences that feature group activities, discussion, problem-solving and sharing of best practice.
IB Training Certificates:
Please note that the IB is not a certifying board for teacher training. Participants who complete IB –approved workshops will receive a certificate of attendance which attests to participation in the workshops. This certificate is neither a teaching credential nor a qualification for teaching.
2013 workshop planning calendar an IB Google Doc. Now Available [more+]
Choosing the right workshop
What is a Category 1, 2, 3 workshop? click here [more+]
Primary Years Programme workshop descriptions
Middle Years Programme workshop descriptions
IB Asia Pacific Regional office