IB programme coordinator : Organizing IB PD for your staff
Programme coordinators play a vital role in IB schools. They are the regional office’s primary point of contact with IB schools on all IB-related matters, including registration for all IB-approved Professional Development (PD) activities. The following links below are meant to assist IB Coordinators.
What are the IB professional development expectations according to the IB Standards and Practices? back to top
For an overview of the ways in which schools may fulfil IB programme standards and practices regarding professional development click here.
PD Regional Workshops back to top
Global workshops are three-day workshops delivered by regional offices and recognized external providers “in cooperation with” the IB. These may be programme-specific workshops that focus upon programme implementation and development, or continuum workshops which investigate issues across the programmes. The Regional workshops page features:
- a link to a calendar featuring Asia Pacific workshops and conferences
- global workshops and conferences
- PYP , MYP and DP workshop descriptors to help you register participants for the correct workshops
- registration and payment instructions for IB Asia Pacific regional events
- a coordinator’s guide to using REGIS
In-school workshops back to top
IB Asia Pacific in-school workshops provide schools with the opportunity and convenience to train their entire IB programme staff on their own school premises and to focus upon select programme issues and strategies. The in-school workshops page features:
- 10 steps for organizing an in-school workshop
- in-school workshop requirements
- in-school PYP , MYP and DP workshop descriptors
- in-school workshop request procedures
On-line workshops back to top
IB-approved on-line workshops allow participants to train in the flexible environment of an on-line community. On-line training is primarily for teachers in candidate or authorised IB schools. The on-line workshops page features:
The On-Line Curriculum Centre (OCC) back to top
The online curriculum centre (OCC) is a password-protected IB on-line community designed to support teachers of the three IB programmes. If you require a password please see your programme coordinator. These pages provide essential information such as:
- IB publications for the three IB programmes (curriculum guides, coordinator notes, and teacher support materials)
- news items and important information
- discussion forums for IB teachers to communicate with other IB teachers
- a real-time chat facility (in the discussion forums)
- teacher-generated resources—share your own resources with other IB teachers
- support for library services, special educational needs, academic honesty and use of calculators
- online subject specialists to answer curriculum and assessment queries
The IB Teacher Awards back to top
Over 300 students are currently undertaking or have recently completed IB recognized university courses of study linked to the IB teacher award initiative. This initiative is aimed at developing teachers’ understanding of the principles and practices associated with each of the three IB programmes. The courses that lead to eligibility for either the Level 1 or Level 2 award are currently offered by six universities, with more to come.
IB Regional Conferences back to top
IB regional conferences are held annually. These conferences bring together the best in the education sector to discuss and debate the latest in pedagogical trends. The target audience is primarily school administrators such as school heads, section principals and programme coordinators.
Interested in training to become an IB workshop leader or an IB school visiting team member? back to top
- Twice a year the regional office reviews the roster of trained volunteers and identifies areas of need. School programme coordinators are contacted in October/November and March/April to call for applicants.
- The regional office reviews each applicant’s experience, area of specialisation and location in the region against regional needs.
- Teachers interested in applying for these roles should contact their school programme coordinators.
Interested in hosting IB workshops? back to top
The regional office welcomes expressions of interest from schools who want to host IB workshops. For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
IB Coordinator Information Gateway click here[+]
Choosing the right workshop
What is a Category 1, 2, 3 workshop? click here [more+]
Primary Years Programme workshop descriptions
Middle Years Programme workshop descriptions
IB Asia Pacific Regional office