Professional development & training
The Africa, Europe and Middle East regional office provides educational practitioners and schools with training to build and enhance their professional development.
Workshops are designed to deliver IB educational standards, to address the complex challenges emerging in the different areas within the region and to integrate relevant experiences and in-depth investigation into a vibrant exchange of knowledge.
3 different categories depending on your needs
Our offering of workshops, seminars and conferences is structured in 3 different categories depending on your target audience and goals. It is critical that participants attend the correct category of workshop and is available here.
Still confused? Use these helpful scenarios to help you select the right professional development experience.
The majority of workshops are in English. However, Spanish and French workshops are also available throughout the academic year.
All participants must be sufficiently fluent in the language in which the workshop is offered to allow for full and unaided participation.
Choosing the right workshop
To help you select the workshop that is right for your needs, descriptions of the various workshops are available.
- Primary Years Programme workshop descriptions
- Middle Years Programme workshop descriptions
- Diploma Programme workshop descriptions
- Cross Programme workshop descriptions
What forms of professional development do we offer?
- These events bring together teachers from across the region. They are a unique opportunity for teachers to exchange best practice, develop their networking, and enhance their IB knowledge from experienced workshop leaders in a dedicated place and time.
- In-school workshops are designed around the specific needs for the ongoing professional development of your school community.
- IB online professional development workshops have been developed to complement regional face-to-face workshops, widening access for teachers from all IB regions.
- Cluster Events are in pilot in 2013 and is Professional Development training officially recognized by the IB and which is for training educators on a specific IB programme at a Host School’s premises for at least 2 participating schools. The Cluster Event pilot is being offered to accommodate gaps within the AEM region where our current PD offerings do not fully meet schools needs. Guidelines available here, Terms & Conditions available here . Apply here .
IB Educator Network (IBEN) training opportunities
The IB is continually looking for more educators to carry out the various IB-related tasks the organization is responsible for. More information on Educator Network opportunities and training is available here.
Have you considered hosting a workshop as 'PD Provider'
The regional office is seeking effective and experienced partners with whom it can organize professional development events in addition to those organized directly by the regional office. Applications will be considered from:
- IB Association of IB World Schools
- Colleges, universities, governmental agencies and non-profit organizations.
Consult the guide for organizing IB workshops.
Contact the regional office for further details.
Global Catalogue of Workshops
Find descriptions of all workshops available > here
Regional Workshops Programme
Wall calendars of workshops will be available soon.
Simple steps to register on-line
Consult our wide selection of
on-line workshops > here
In pilot in 2013 and officially recognized by the IB. They are for training educators on a specific IB programme at a Host School’s premises for at least two participating schools. The Cluster Event pilot is being offered to accommodate gaps within the AEM region where our current PD offerings do not fully meet schools needs. Guidelines available here, Terms & Conditions here. Apply here
Professional Development fees & payment Download here
New Category 3 workshops
Want to propose an idea for a new Category 3 workshop? Send proposals between September and December using the form available here .
Professional Development IBAEM firstname.lastname@example.org