Facts about the IB in Africa, Europe, Middle East
The International Baccalaureate (IB) publishes a range of statistics in order to provide information about IB World Schools. These statistics are updated daily.
In the Africa, Europe, Middle East region, the IB is taught in:
- 82 countries
- 857 schools
- 1117 programmes (schools may teach more than one programme)
- Primary Years Programme - 193 schools
- Middle Years Programme - 163 schools
- Diploma Programme - 761 schools
- Number of schools offering each possible combination of programme by IB region
- Number of schools by country
- Programme growth by region
Statistics about the IB
Overview of the 4 Programmes
The International Baccalaureate offers four programmes of international education for students aged 3 to 19.
- Read more about the IB Primary Years Programme, download brochure [pdf]
- Read more about the IB Middle Years Programme, download a brochure [pdf]
- Read more about the IB Diploma Programme, download a brochure [pdf]
- Read more about the IB Career-related Certificate, download a brochure [pdf]
Statistical Bulletins are available for both the Diploma Progarmme and Middle Years Programme.