IB Africa, Europe and Middle East (IBAEM) covers a diverse range of cultures, languages and economic realities. In a continually changing region, the IB delivers its education standards beyond borders. More than 80 countries in the region offer IB programmes today.
Education is crucial to human, social and economic development. IB programmes have been designed to help develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. The regional office provides a wide range of services to IB World Schools and to prospective schools that are interested in our programmes.
We also aim to enhance and share educational experiences across boundaries of religion, culture and ethnicity. Debates and exchange of views bring educational practitioners together in a constructive network in continuous development through IB targeted conferences and workshops for the region.
Countries in this region
Information about IB World Schools and university recognition policies are available for each of the countries in this region.
Latest events in this region
- Finland, 25 July 2014 — PYP, MYP and Diploma categories 1, 2 and 3 in Helsinki, Finland (3 days)
- Jordan, 10 August 2014 — PYP, MYP and Diploma categories 1, 1&2, 2, and 3 workshops in Amman, Jordan (3 days)
- Turkey, 25 August 2014 — PYP category 1 workshop in Istanbul, Turkey (3 days)
- Spain, 27 August 2014 — PYP, MYP and Diploma category 1 workshops in Madrid, Spain (3 days)
- Spain, 1 September 2014 — PYP, MYP and Diploma categories 1, 1&2, 2 and 3 workshops in Madrid, Spain (3 days)
Global research findings
Save the date!
6-7 December 2014
Teacher Education Conference Amman, Jordan.
Key research findings on impact of IB programmes in our region
Available > here
IB students stand out from crowd
Students enrolled in IB Middle Years Programme stand out from the crowd says study > details
Encouraging study of Maths in England
Department for Education (DfE) announces initiative to encourage students to continue in the study of Maths post-16. > more
See dates and places > here
Study shows excellent results of IB students at UK universities.
IB Global Centre
2517 JW Den Haag, NL