IB Africa, Europe and Middle East (IBAEM) covers a diverse range of cultures, languages and economic realities. In a continually changing region, the IB delivers its education standards beyond borders. More than 80 countries in the region offer IB programmes today.
Education is crucial to human, social and economic development. IB programmes have been designed to help develop the intellectual, personal, emotional and social skills to live, learn and work in a rapidly globalizing world. The regional office provides a wide range of services to IB World Schools and to prospective schools that are interested in our programmes.
We also aim to enhance and share educational experiences across boundaries of religion, culture and ethnicity. Debates and exchange of views bring educational practitioners together in a constructive network in continuous development through IB targeted conferences and workshops for the region.
Countries in this region
Information about IB World Schools and university recognition policies are available for each of the countries in this region.
Latest events in this region
- United Kingdom, 11 December 2013 — Diploma category 1 workshop in Oxford, United Kingdom (4 days)
- Jordan, 13 December 2013 — CANCELLED - PYP, MYP and Diploma categories 1 and 2 workshops in Amman, Jordan (3 days)
- Netherlands, 13 December 2013 — Continuum Category 3 in The Hague, The Netherlands (3 days)
- Russian Federation, 22 December 2013 — Diploma category 2 workshop in Perm, Russia (3 days)
- Russian Federation, 25 December 2013 — Diploma category 2 workshop in Perm, Russia (3 days)
Department for Education (DfE) has announced an initiative aimed at encouraging students in England to continue in the study of Maths post-16. Read > more
New study: IB students stand out from crowd
Students enrolled in IB Middle Years Programme stand out from the crowd says study > more
‘IB is a roaring triumph’
Elizabeth Truss, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Education and Childcare, commends IB at IBSCA conference, May 1st 2013.
Full copy of the speech available here
IBCC Annual Conference
IB Schools and Colleges Association IBCC Conference
London, 10th June, 2013
See dates and places > here
Key research findings on impact of IB programmes in our region
Study shows excellent results of IB students at UK universities.
10 reasons why DP is ideal preparation for university > download
IB Global Centre
2517 JW Den Haag, NL