Transcripts Requests for Universities in Canada and the United States
How to request a transcript:
To send transcripts to universities within Canada and the US, follow the directions below.
To submit a request using a debit or credit card please complete the online request for results service form at this link.
Alternatively please complete the TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM and send with your payment (if applicable) to:
IB Americas Global Centre
7501 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 200 West
Bethesda, MD 20814
Attn: Transcript OfficerNote the following before sending in your request:
- Transcripts may be ordered by mail only; transcript requests received by fax or e-mail cannot be processed as a signature is required to release results .
- Complete ONE transcript request form PER INSTITUTION that you wish to send your results to.
- Submit one payment per transcript request form regardless of how many years you took exams or how many subjects were taken (however the expedited service is a separate payment - see below) .
- Do not send your diploma document with your transcript request form.
- All transcripts sent to students are considered "unofficial" by universities and will be labelled as unofficial transcripts. It is recommended that students have their official results sent directly to the universities they wish to apply to.
(1) Students may request transcripts FREE of charge for up to three universities. (ONE US institution and TWO Canadian institutions OR THREE Canadian institutions in total.)
Requests must be post-marked by 5 July (for the May exam session) or by 15 March (for the November exam session).
(2) After the deadline OR for additional transcripts, the cost is $15 USD or $17 CAD per transcript request*. The cost is per institution, NOT per year of examination or per subject. Please include a check or money order made payable to "International Baccalaureate Organization".
Please do not send duplicate payments or transcript forms unless requested by an IB staff member. We are unable to identify duplicate payments and there may be a delay in arranging a refund.
(3) Expedited (courier) service:
- Transcript requests must be received with an additional payment of USD/CAD $35* (for US institutions) or USD/CAD $40* (for Canadian institutions) for courier service to your university, providing the university is NOT on the electronic transcripts list. We do not expedite requests to universities on the electronic transcripts list because results are available immediately from a secure website, rather than being sent by post or courier.
- Please provide a separate check or money order if expedited courier service is required.
- Students who took exams in May 2004 or earlier will NOT be able to have their transcripts/results sent electronically, and we suggest that students who need transcripts urgently use the expedited service.
If you have a question about transcripts, please consult the FAQ (above to the right) or you may contact IB Answers as indicated below:
Phone: +1 301 202 3025
Please note: When contacting us, please include the following information.
- Your full name as it appears on your IB diploma or certificate
- Full name of your high school and its location (city, state, country)
- Date when exams were taken (May or November and year)
- Date of birth
- Personal code -- three letters, followed by three numbers (if available) OR
the last 7 digits of 10 digit candidate code (if available).
These can be found on the left-hand corner of your official diploma/certificate
- Full name of the university and address.
*Fees are subject to change without notice.
Instructions for sending transcripts to universities outside Canada and the US.