The IB Americas includes IB World Schools in 31 countries and territories in Central, North and South America. IB World Schools in the Americas are state/public, private, magnet, charter, international, parochial and secular and serve a broad and diverse range of students in urban, suburban and rural communities.
There are 638 schools providing the Primary Years Programme in 19 countries, 792 providing the Middle Years Programme in 18 countries and 1,419 providing the Diploma Programme in 31 countries.
New IB Videos
International Baccalaureate 101
Evaluating an IB File
Programme Impact Research
- Africa, Europe, Middle East
- The Primary Years Programme
- Title 1
Countries in this region
Information about IB World Schools and university recognition policies are available for each of the countries in this region.
Workshops and conferences
The following workshops/conferences are a sample of scheduled events to be run in this region. For a complete listing please visit our calendar pages.
- United States, 5 December 2014 — Category 1, 2, and 3 Diploma Workshops in Washington, DC (IB Americas) (3 days)
- United States, 5 December 2014 — Category 1, 2, and 3 MYP Workshops in Washington, DC (IB Americas) (3 days)
- United States, 5 December 2014 — Category 1, 2, and 3 PYP Workshops in Washington, DC (IB Americas) (3 days)
- United States, 6 December 2014 — Orientation Seminar in Edgewood, MD (1 day)
- United States, 8 December 2014 — Category 1, 2, and 3 Diploma Workshops in St. Pete Beach, FL (FLIBS) (4 days)
+1 301 202 3000
IB Global Centre, Bethesda
7501 Wisconsin Avenue, Suite 200 West
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Phone: +1 301 202 3000
Fax: +1 301 202 3003
IB Buenos Aires Office
Phone: +54 11 6090 8600
Fax: +54 11 6090 8603
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Skype: IBAmericas
Associations of IB World Schools
Many IB World Schools have chosen to form local associations with other IB World Schools at a national or subregional level.