IB Academy: 20-23 June 2014
Philadelphia, PA, United States
Dear IB Educators,
IB Academies are usually held several times each year to prepare IB educators for the roles of Workshop Leader, Site Visitor and Consultant. If you are an experienced IB teacher, and are interested in applying for an Academy, read on!
- Main selection criteria:
- PYP/MYP practitioners;
- currently working in an authorized IB World School with a minimum of three years experience or currently working in an IB candidate school with at least three years prior experience at an authorized school ;
- extensive programme knowledge;
- familiarity with relevant programme documents;
- have a proven track record of commitment to ongoing IB professional development;
- the ability to share knowledge with other IB practitioners and schools;
- the availability to commit to two/three activities per calendar year;
- the intention to remain active practitioners in schools for at least three years;
- the intention to remain in IB Americas for at least three years.
- While we invite all applications from qualified practitioners, during our selection process priority will be given to:
- Middle Years Programme:
- Heads of School
- Language acquisition
- Counseling – Special Needs
- Blended model – All Academies now follow a blended model which combines an online and a face to face component:
- The online component requires a commitment to participate on an online training platform during 4 weeks prior to the face to face session and 3 weeks after it. Most of this work will be done asynchronously and will require 2-3 hours per week to complete.
- The face to face component will take place over 4 days.
The IB Educator Network wants to give you notice of the next PYP and MYP IB Academy which will have the following schedule:
- Online component starts on 10 May 2014
- Face to face component in Philadelphia, PA
- 20 June: Two sessions starting at 15:00 and ending at 18:15
- 21 June: Four full sessions + a one hour session on Q&A
- 22 June: Four full sessions
- 23 June: Two sessions. Academy concludes at 12:00 noon.
- Online component ... continued until 7 July 2014
The language of instruction at this Academy will be English, and will run for the Primary Years Programme (PYP) and Middle Years Programme (MYP).
We are planning to open the application site (https://apteknet.com/volunteers/) from 21 March 2014 to 14 April 2014. Application documents that you will need to upload (pdf format preferred):
- a CV/Resume,
- a Unit Planner (MYP and PYP)
- signed terms and conditions that will be provided once the application site opens
Selected applicants will receive a formal invitation via email. Applicants not selected will receive an email notification, however we regret that we are unable to provide individual feedback due to the volume of applications that we receive.
Should you have any queries do not hesitate to contact us at email@example.com
IB Educator Network